In this lesson, we will see how to use map segmentation results in an external GIS system. We will use the open-source Quantum GIS (QGIS) as a target system.
If you do not have QGIS on your machine please install it. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
After the installation, follow the steps:
- First of all, we need to download a map itself. To do that open your dataset with a map. Proceed to “Layers” and press download button near “Map”
- When the download completes you’ll find orthophoto.tiff in your downloads
- Now let's download the segmentation result. Open “Annotations”, then open your dirt road layer and press download near “Detected” item.
- You’ll find *.json file in downloads. The name will depend on your layer name in “Annotations”.
- Then open QGIS application
- Open Layers->Add layer->Add raster layer and select orthophoto.tiff file. Then press “Add” in the dialogue. A map will be displayed in QGIS
- Open Layer->Add layer->Add vector layer and select your .json file. Then press “Add” in the dialogue. You’ll see your road segmentation result above the map. It may look like on the picture below.
Congratulations, here you can see how the end result will look on QGIS
Updated about 1 year ago