Now we are ready to make something really useful and upload survey data to a dataset.
Follow the steps:
- Download sample dataset with road footage
- Extract archive with images
- In Atlas navigate to a dataset created in Lesson 1 and click on a dataset card. You will see an empty dataset. Ensure that on the left vertical bar “Images” item is selected. ATLAS can accept JPG, JPEG and PNG files for the upload
- Click browse in Atlas or drop files to the browser
- You’ll see images as previews
- Then click “Upload” in the bottom left corner of the screen. Do not close your browser or do not leave the page, because that will interrupt uploading.
- Uploading process consists of 2 stages:
a. Uploading to the server (requires staying on the upload page)
b. Initial server-side image processing for fast web presentation
- After the upload completes you will receive an email notification
- Congratulations! If images uploaded successfully screen will look like on the picture below
Some useful tips:
- If images have GPS coordinates in EXIF metadata, the position of an image will be visible on the map
- In the left bottom corner of the screen dataset statistics can be found: total number of images used space in Gb and size in Megapixels (MP)
- For fast scrolling of an image list (left and right) use arrows on the keyboard or SHIFT+Mouse wheel
- Size in Megapixels is literally a sum of all image areas (Width x Height) in pixels.
Updated 11 months ago