Atlas supports elevation data in GeoTiff . The main purpose is to have a 2D thermal map of the elevation along with your annotation, which is often veru useful.
Elevation is available as one the layers of the Map. So, to upload elevation got to "Layers" and click "Upload elevation model" in the context menu of "Elevation" item
It is possible to select multiple files at once. That may be useful when you have large territory and elevation is splitted into areas of a reasonable size.
After uploading it may take a while to preprocess data. When server operation finishes, email notification is sent.
You can test elevation processing with this sample elevation https://files.ugcs.com/s/Mx6YQy2HPQFgnL5 data from our office area.
After processing you'll see heat map over the base map. See example below:
If you do not see it, please check that "Elevation" layer is checked.
Now, let's play a bit with elevation and see how we can specify visible altitude range and color theme. Click this "Configure elevation" button in the top bar.
Dialog will appear with the following items:
- color theme with 2 options:
- "BLUE-RED" where blud denotes low altitudes and red denotes high
- "GRAYSCALE" where black denotes low altitudes and white denotes high
- altitude range. It can be adjusted either on a horizontal bar, or by entering values into respective fields
- transparency level of elevation layers
Do not forget to press "Apply" button to make settings take into affect.
Important to now that this settings apply to all elevation layers.
Updated 11 months ago